Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Most hilarious of all is that most of the stories come from the online dating sphere which adds a certain unexpected element...

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Washed My Hair for This

I went out with a guy on Monday and it was a pretty unremarkable date.  There wasn't any harassment like I received from Mr. Total Yankee Asshole  or The Water Guy.  This is obviously always a plus.  Getting ripped a new one about your religious beliefs or being told that your native region sucks is never fun.  Bad dates do, however, provide material for the blog and can sometimes give me a good laugh.  


Monday's date, like I said, was unremarkable.  He was a nice guy--very much the stereotypical engineer which he is.  Very tucked in collared shirt, nice pants, and pointy leather shoes.  


Back story:
I've been working to try to and get my family's business' network up and running since our building was struck by lightening on Saturday.  The lightening strike also knocked out and killed our AC.  I live in Charlotte--it's been 100 degrees since May.  So crawling around on the floor, playing with modems and cables, and re-setting up the local area network without AC has been AWFUL.  Needless to say, I had to shower before going on the date...so I washed my hair, blew it out, the whole nine yards.  I looked very pretty or at least I think so.


So for a date to be just ho-hum and me to have invested time in getting ready, I hate that.  I have another date tomorrow night and I have a feeling it's going to be rather bland as well.  I don't really have any basis for this conclusion.  The emails were pretty entertaining but the phone convo wasn't the best.  He's also an E-harmony match and I just don't have much confidence in their "matching" system.  So we'll see.  Just not particularly excited to A) go through another without AC resulting in me sweating to DEATH B) coming home to rectify the sweat damage by showering and blowing out my hair to result in an evening of general boredom....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!