Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Most hilarious of all is that most of the stories come from the online dating sphere which adds a certain unexpected element...

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Don't Drink - The Water Guy

The first post by Emily Macintosh that I came across was I Don't Drink - Take 2. Introducing... Cheap Water....  This particularly struck a chord because I apparently have been out with her date's EVIL twin that lives on the East Coast in NC.  Her Water Guy at least talked positively about his family and tried to pitch himself.  My Water Guy, on the other hand, couldn't have sold water to people dying of thirst much less could he sell himself.

Case and point: for the first 20 minutes, he complained about Charlotte: the traffic, the neighborhoods, the cost of living (the is a big WHAT since Charlotte is cheap in the grand scheme of things), and last but not least the people especially the girls.  The next 10 minutes was spent on the quality of women in Charlotte.  All of the girls in Charlotte, according to my Water Guy, were beyond social climbers, idiots, and fake.  I'll acquiesce there are these types of girls in Charlotte but they are also everywhere else, HELLO.

Several more minutes pass, he excuses himself to the restroom, comes back, and informs me he is leaving then strides out the door.  I'm left with half of my second Miller Light staring at his back as he leaves (mouth agape).  The bartender comes over, looks at me and his empty water glass, and says, "God, that was awful and I wasn't even on the date."  It's always nice to know there are sympathizers when you're walking down the dating path.  I think Aaron Karo would be ashamed of both Emily'sWater Guy as well as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!