Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Most hilarious of all is that most of the stories come from the online dating sphere which adds a certain unexpected element...

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Date Overload

My friends often make fun of me because I tend to have lots of dates--like 2 or 3 a week.  One married friend calls me out on it a lot.  Some are repeats; some are newbies.  I don't like to think of myself as a serial dater, but I suppose that on some level that is exactly what I am.  In fact, I don't want to be a serial dater.  I would like to find a boyfriend and have in progress into marriage, babies, white picket fence, the works.  I think however, I have forgotten a) how to be a girlfriend and b) how to have a relationship.  It should be something like riding a bike in that you never forget.  However, I'm pretty sure if I tried to ride a bike now, I would hurt myself.  So have I become a serial dater because I'm scared of getting hurt and I'm out of practice or because I just haven't met the right guy?  Hmmm...


So date overload for this week:


1.  Concert last night with super sweet boy that asked to kiss me last week.  Counting Crows was amazing!!  It also involved meeting his friends.  Given that I'm friendly and personable, apparently, I won big points in the friend department according to Mr. Sweet.  They are big fans.  I also got my shoulders rubbed while listening to the band and let me tell you--I REALLY miss this part of steady relationships.  Being touched and I don't mean in a sexual way is AWESOME.  I don't think my shoulders have been rubbed in...well what feels like forever.  Big points for Mr. Sweet!


2.  Date #4 with Non-Divorced Guy #2, Mr. DAC is tomorrow.  I'm still a little unsure of how in the hell to proceed with this one.  It will probably involve him telling me again that we shouldn't/can't make out and then him proceeding to make out with me all night.  At least this time, I won't have to see his future ex-wife's shit lying about which still totally freaks me out.


3.  Date with a newbie.  Meeting at a Wine bar in Charlotte on Monday.  Looking forward to it--emails are witty and humorous and don't go on and on about being an open book.  I kind of think if you have to say you're an open book then you're hiding something.  Guess it goes back to that whole SHOW don't TELL thing I mentioned in The Southern Gentleman or Not post.  


Even after just writing about these dates, I'm exhausted.  Wish me luck on my adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!