Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Most hilarious of all is that most of the stories come from the online dating sphere which adds a certain unexpected element...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Round 2: The Non-Divorced Guy and No, I don't mean Married Guy...

Now for round 2,  meet the Mr. Divorced Analyst Creative (Mr. DAC).  He's writing a book and yet a numbers guy.  I'm a big fan of people that are able to use both sides of the brain primarily because I wish I was one.  Again, we have similar values, yada yada.  We have great conversations via email and on the phone.  In fact, after the 1st date, he's offered to put me in touch with his colleague to help me find a job.  Winner, right?!  Second date goes great as well even though I tend to speak more of mind than usual. A couple of drinks deep, I state you're not divorced yet and therefore, there will be basically be no emotional attachment from me until you are.  I'm hoping I said it with a little more tact but I doubt it...  The rest of the night continues with those conversations you don't want to end.

I amazingly get asked out on the 3rd date (somewhat of a surprise after open mouth insert foot comments from date 2) which is usually a maker or breaker.  I meet him at his house which he used to share with his former wife.  It was a little strange but I was in and out.  We have a lovely time at dinner and then have drinks afterwards.  While having beers, he mentions we should definitely plan on going to a football game this fall.  I think I must be doing something right--making plans for the fall already...I'm still not sure about our next date yet.  Then, Mr. DAC states we should no longer make out (even though we have in the past) and he wants to make sure that I'm not confused by the status of our "relationship".  Again, I state I know you're not divorced but I enjoy your company and that's that.  

He then proceeds to flirt and steal kisses the rest of the night.  Mixed signals but whatever...it gets late and driving home for me is no longer an option.  We order pizza and go back to his place, eat, and go to sleep.  I wake up in the morning, go to the bathroom, go to the kitchen for water, and what do I see on his refrigerator: his wedding pic with his former wife.  Not just one picture but 2 pictures.  I walk back through the house and then notice that some of her clothes are still there and her heels.  Note: I was NOT snooping they were in plain view at the foot of the guest bed.  Quickly, I get dressed and am now thinking what have I gotten myself into....he's not over his wife and I have GOT TO GO NOW.   As I'm hurriedly trying to get myself out the door, he says, "Wait, huh, where are you going? Don't you want to have breakfast together?" I say, "No, gotta go to the lake and have brunch with my parents."    

I know I have set myself up for failure on this one, but really, you're in the divorce process, you're bringing women to your home, and you still have your marriage pictures up and her clothes and heels are displayed like she still lives there.  I appreciate it if you're not ready to date;  divorce is very difficult--most of family has had one, but know yourself well enough to heal before trying to move on.  Of course as I write all of that, I'm still not sure what I'll do if I get asked on a fourth date...despite being creeped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!