Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Most hilarious of all is that most of the stories come from the online dating sphere which adds a certain unexpected element...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Single Parent/Kid Factor

I've been MIA again but between my anxiety about hearing about a new job and the toothless fools that have been winking at me on Match, there just hasn't been much to say.  I still don't have news about the job except that I am their chosen candidate and the new department head that was just hired wants to meet with me prior to them extending an offer.  He can't meet until November 8th!!  My stomach has been in knots and I've been pacing a lot lately.  So, I continue my wait.  This, in turn, means that I can't do anything in terms of (finally) getting my own place, getting some new furniture (YAY!), and really (again) starting my adult life.  Of course, this is all I've been obsessing about for now 2 weeks.  I can't sleep because I literally dream of having my pseudo-adult life back.  I say pseudo because some would say that being 30 and not being married, not owning a home, and not having kids is only kind of being an adult or maybe that's what the voices in my head are telling me.  


As for the toothless fools that have been contacting me, well, they aren't all toothless but they sure are ugly.  Something about turning 30 on Match has drastically reduced the number of attractive men that contact me and subsequently the number of dates I am going on.  I have started talking to Mr. Dad.  He's 34 with 2 children whom are 4 and 8.  The thought of actually going on a date with this man scares me.  My over-analytical mind immediately goes into I am not old enough to be a stepmom.  Of course, this is not true especially in the society in which we live.  I have not, as of yet, dated anyone that has children.  Of course, as I get older, eventually it will likely happen that I do.  What's even more ironic is that my family is a culmination of many marriages with lots of kids from the previous marriages.  In fact, because I only want 1 little girl but want her to still have brothers and sisters (like me), it would seem logical that dating single parents would be a great answer.  I still have weird feelings about the "step" factor...you know the evil stepmother thing.  Not to mention, my experience with a step-parent has been interesting to say the least.  


The other interesting thing about Mr. Dad...he asked if we could be Facebook friends after chatting on the phone once.  AHHHH!  I hate being friends with dates on Facebook and not because I post anything particularly revealing.  It's typically just bad form and can lead to stupid stalking and reveals part of myself that I'm not quite ready to reveal.  I friended him too, but set the privacy settings so he only access to certain parts.  Guess we'll see how it goes.  We are supposed to chat about getting together next week assuming he doesn't back out because of what he sees on FB.  FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!