Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Most hilarious of all is that most of the stories come from the online dating sphere which adds a certain unexpected element...

Monday, December 13, 2010

The New Job

I've been at the new job almost 2 weeks.  It's been going...the learning curve is big and I'm struggling a bit.  As for my Mr. Big aka the Colonel, he has fallen off the grid.  It was to be expected though, but I HATE it!  I hate being rejected--don't we all....

He's not returning phone calls or emails at this point, my favorite, Radio Silence.  As a certain college roomie stated when I told her about Mr. Big-the return, he was totally unavailable back then and likely would be again.  And.....she was right again.  Hate it when that happens.  Why couldn't we just have had a wham, bam, thank you ma'am and he not mention all the lovey dovey crap?  One nighters, while not ideal, can work for me.  What can I say--it had been a while.  Just need to have that expectation out right...Boo.

What makes it more challenging is that Mr. Big involved the whole family--well not entire--only mom, dad, 2 sisters, and me.  There are a total of 6 brothers and sisters including me.  Still, it's a third and I know I'll be getting some pointed questions come Christmas time.  Annoying.

Not remembering all that lovey crap I wrote a week ago...

2 comments:

  1. I got rejected on saturday. I went to kiss him after a date and he was completely standoffish and looked at me with this deer in the headlights look. Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!