Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Most hilarious of all is that most of the stories come from the online dating sphere which adds a certain unexpected element...

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nothing like a 1 night stand to dull the pain...

Except when it ends in severe back pain and a urinary tract infection!  So, obviously, I haven't been a dating machine lately partly due to Mr. Big and partly due to the new job and partly due to the uglies that I've been contacted by lately.  Several of my friends have suggested that the job needs to go since the blog has suffered as a result...well that's not going to happen, but I do have some stories...


Several weeks ago, a friend of mine came to visit and brought Bill.  Neither slept Friday night and came directly to Charlotte Saturday morning and arrived around 9am.  We started drinking and talking...well at least my friend and I did.  Bill dosed in and out of consciousness from the drinking and lack of sleep.  We ended up going out in Charlotte.  Came back home and somehow Bill and I made out...nothing serious but it was entertaining considering I wasn't sure he was going to be conscious when the day started out.  This didn't end with the UTI, thank goodness.


Fast forward to this past weekend, I go to dinner with some friends and we go to a bar (not very exciting and very typical for a 30-something).  I end up talking with Mr. Pennsylvania and end up picking him up.  I haven't picked someone up at a bar in quite some time, so at first, I'm pleased with myself when we end up back at his place.  Then, the dance begins and we get down to business and I mean a lot of business.  So many times, in fact, that he says don't you ever get tired and are you going to be ready in the morning?  To which I reply, well we're already on the 5th time, I think I can handle another round in the morning or something to that effect.  Morning comes with a big headache and the "oh shit" realization of what the hell was I thinking, but we go at it AGAIN.  I think I am a super star until I get home and my back starts to hurt and my head hurts to boot.  I think hang over--whatever...Monday morning comes and my back is KILLING me (which for me is a tell tale sign that I have a UTI).  I have to leave work and go to the doctor to get drugs and have been laid up in bed until now, Tuesday night.  


My DC friend was texting me kudos on my conquest on Sunday saying a night of pleasure should certainly be worth the pain of a headache...while I'll give her that, I'm not sure a UTI is.  


Seems I tend to be regressing in my old age and apparently, my body just can't handle it anymore...but it's kind of nice to go back to the old fashioned way of doing things instead of dating online.

1 comment:

  1. So that's the old age dating style? Hmmm, I would prefer the conservative old age dating style to that of yours. But I salute you for being brave in doing things your way. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!