Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Thoughts, stories, and the hilarity involved in dating

Most hilarious of all is that most of the stories come from the online dating sphere which adds a certain unexpected element...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Welcome to the 30 Club

Today, I turn 30.  I thought as I got closer it would result in me being more of an adult.  Maybe after today, it will.  The past 2 weeks have not indicated as such.  Let me explain...


I went to the Dominican Republic with my parents to celebrate.  I was supposed to leave on Sat., Aug 7th.  I didn't, however, get there until Tues., Aug 10th.  I checked my passport 5 times before leaving and read that it expired on May 10 2011.  Boy, did I get a shock when I tried to check in at 6am August 7th when the agent said it was already expired and I couldn't board the plane.  The next 3 days were spent calling and emailing my Senator's office, getting an emergency passport appointment, and driving to and from DC.  Fortunately, I have a friend that works in the Senator's office as well as personally knowing the Senator (I took ballet with her oldest daughter).  Fortunately, it worked out and I arrived Tuesday afternoon.  


I thought the vacation would be relaxing and it was after I arrived.  I thought there would (hopefully) be some stories as well, but alas being surrounded by families with children and couples doesn't result in such.


Fast forward to Saturday...I land in Raleigh and receive a voice mail that a very close friend had passed away in a motorcycle accident.  He also worked with me and helped me run my family's business.  Very unexpected and upsetting.  Hence why I've been MIA from the blog and Twitter.  


Sorry to be Debbie Downer...hope everything can get more back to normal soon....

3 comments:

  1. Well Happy Birthday!!! :) Things will get better (they always do) but take some time...wallow a bit (it's good for the soul I've heard) and frankly just take a moment for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 30th birthday, but it's a real shame that you've had such troubles on what should be a happy occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!